Dear El Alsson Community,
Welcome Back to School!
We know this is not ideal, nor is it what we hoped for to start the opening of the 2020 school year, but the important thing is that we are all coming back, happy, healthy and ready to see this as a new beginning. El Alsson is here for you and we are doing all we can to make the beginning of the school year as special as possible. We have been working non-stop trying to keep up with the changing tides to make sure our students have the best beginning that is possible right now.
It is with great pleasure that we write to welcome you back to another great & improved school year. We hope that your summer has been filled with fun, family activities while enjoying the wonderful sunshine. How quickly summer goes by and our thoughts turn to preparing for the start of school. This is always one of our favorite times of the year!
We love the excitement of beginning each new school year and eagerly await welcoming our students and hearing their great summer stories. We’re thrilled to be part of a team composed of teachers, staff, parents and students who want to achieve great things! Our team is looking forward to a new school year and are working hard to ensure that your child’s learning experience at El Alsson School is a successful and happy one.
We are starting school in the time of Covid-19, but this will not defeat us, it will make us stronger. As author Vivian Greene once said, “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” Let us dance and make the most out of this very unique time.
We would like to inform you that students will be back to school campus based on the ministry of education instructions as follows:
– Preschool, FS1, FS2, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 on Tuesday 15/09/2020
– Grade 4 to Grade 7 (American Division) & Year 4 to Year 7 (British Division) on Wednesday 16/09/2020
– Grade 8 Grade 12 (American Division) & Year 8 (British Division) on Thursday 17/09/2020
– Year 9, Year 10, Year 11 & Year12 (IG) on Saturday 03/10/2020
The days mentioned above will be their first day back at school and will be a FUN DAY that will start at 09:00 AM and finish at 01:30 PM.
- Please note your child MUST arrive at school with a mask/face shield. Due to COVID-19 measures this Fun Day will be DROP-OFF and PICK-UP ONLY by car, as per follows:
- Child will be greeted by school doctor
- Temperature of your child will be checked
- Please ensure your child has FOOD & WATER to keep them hydrated during the day.
- Please note that if on this Fun Day or any other regular day of school your child has a temperature, they will not be allowed to remain at school and will be sent home.
- All nannies & matrons will be wearing masks at all times and have undergone training regarding COVID-19 safety measures, including social distancing.
Note: We’ll continue to follow the online schedule for the rest of this week until our new schedule is implemented from next Sunday 20/09/2020.
From next week, we will start following a full day schedule on campus from 07:30 AM to 03:00 PM. Students will come to school for 4 days; Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. On Tuesday students will remain at home and will be having their online sessions while the school is closed for sterilization and disinfection.
We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We assure a continuous, strong partnership with you as this is what will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we equally share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework & assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to university
Thank you to all who are helping prepare for the new school year. Your commitment to ensuring that El Alsson International School remains a celebrated and successful school is inspiring. We eagerly look forward to greeting students and families again.
Together, we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all our students.
Welcome back, everyone, and God bless you, all!
El Alsson International School